, focusing on those downtown: Restaurants organized by neighborhood
Mergellina to Chiaia
- Nonna Anna - Via Ferdinando Galiani 30, 081-682-844, closed Sun, near Mergellina, cheap/popular pizzeria/trattoria rec'd by Alice.
- Trattoria 69 - Corso Vittorio Emanuele 7, near Mergellina metro stop, 081-682-663, €30 fixed price, trattoria rec'd by Gambero Rosso, L'Espresso, and Veronelli.
- L'Amico Gamberone - Via Crispi 93, west of Piazza Amadeo, 081-665-344, www.amicogamberone.com, 12-3:30, 7:30-10:30, closed Sun eve, good seafood, rec'd by Time Out.
- Vadinchenia - Via Pontano 21, several blocks W of Piazza Amadeo, 081-660-265, 340-183-0358, closed Sun, €30-35, dinner only, innovative spins on Neapolitan cooking, rec'd by Gambero Rosso, Osterie d'Italia, Fodor's, TCI, and Frommer's. Fred Plotkin says it "combines vibrant vegetables that grow on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius with local seafood."
- Osteria da Tonino - Via Santa Teresa a Chiaia 47, SE of Piazza Amadeo, 081-421-533, 12:30-4 every day but Sun, 7-1 Fri/Sat, "one of the busiest osterie in town" says Time Out. €15 lunch, €20-25 dinner. Rec'd also by Alice and Mangiarozzo.
- Trattoria dell'Oca - Via Santa Teresa a Chiaia 11, closed Aug, Sun dinner (and lunch Jun-Sep), 081-414-865, rec'd by Fodor's.
- Umberto - Via Alabardieri 30, www.umberto.it, 081-418-555, closed Mon, Aug, rec'd by Fodor's and Mangiarozzo.
- Da Antonio - Vico Il Alabardieri 30, near Piazza dei Martiri, 081-407-147, closed Sun, rec'd by Fodor's for daily specials.
- La Barrique - Piazzetta Ascensione 9, SE of Piazza Amadeo, 081-662-721, closed Mon, nice enoteca, €25-35 meals, rec'd by Time Out, Gambero Rosso, and L'Espresso.
- Marco's Wine Bar & Restaurant - Via Ascensione 3, 081-405-100, closed Mon, Sun eve, tasting menu €25, rec'd by Alice.
- Mattozzi - not to be confused with L'Europeo (in Centro Storico), Via Filangeri 16, just N of Piazza dei Martiri, 081-416-378, closed Sun, cheap popular pizzeria rec'd by L'Espresso.
- also one on via Pietro Colletta 25 - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Pizzeria Manfredi - Via Santa Teresa a Chiaia 33, 081-411-647. Some online reviewers recommend their pizza fritta, also rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Amici Miei - Via Monte di Dio 78, near Via Chiaia, 081-764-4981/6063, 1-3, 8-11:30 every day but Mon, closed Sun eve. No seafood dishes, paccheria Amici Miei (eggplant & gargonzola sauce), www.ristoranteamicimiei.com, rec'd by Time Out, Fodor's, Frommer's, Gambero Rosso, and L'Espresso.
- La Mattonella - Via Giovanni Nicotera 13, 081-416-541, 12:30-3:30, 7:30-11:30 closed Sun eve, wonderful hole-in-the-wall up the stairs from Chiaia, rec'd by Fodor's and Time Out.
- La Stanza del Gusto - Vicoletto Sant'Arpino 21 --> now via Costantinopoli 100, opposite Teatro Sannazzaro on Via Chiaia, 081-401-578, closed Sun, Mon, and Aug, rec'd 2015 Repubblica, Fodor's for soffrito (sauce made from interesting parts of the animal) and arancini.
- ###50 Kalò - new pizzeria rec'd by the NYT and Slow Food 2016
- ?Anhelo Caffè Bistrot - via Bisignano 3 (Chiaia), teas, coffee, pastries, and more, rec'd Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016, 2015 Repubblica
- Cantina San Teodoro - rec'd 2015 Repubblica, has gluten-free dishes
- Cap'Alice - rec'd 2015 Repubblica, has gluten-free dishes
- Clu Coffee & Food - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Crudo...Rè - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- George's Grand Hotel Parkers - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Il Ristobar Grand Hotel Santa Lucia - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- L'altro Coco Loco - rec'd 2015 Repubblica, has gluten-free dishes
- L'Ebbrezza di Noè - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- La Terrazza Hotel Exxcelsior - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Napoli Mia - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Noi del Manzoni - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
Ovo to Plebiscito
- ***Gino Sorbillo Lievito Madre al Mare - Via Partenope 1, great branch of Gino Sorbillo right on the water near the Castel dell'Ovo (and the Chiaia shopping/nightlife district)...no reservations and it fills up fast, so get there when they open (just before 5:30 PM) to ensure you get a seat—outside unless it's very chilly (since it gets hot inside!), see an early NYT writeup. As of July 2016, they also had an *excellent* gluten-free pizza.
- Osteria Antichi Sapori, via Santa Lucia 16, 081-245-1183. Osteria and salumeria (?) near Piazza Plebiscito, rec'd by concierge.com and la Repubblica.
- La Chiacchierata - Piazzetta Matilde Serao 37, near Galleria Umberto, 081-411-465, 12:30-3:30 M-Sat, 7:30-11 PM Fri, classic family trattoria, good seafood and other simple dishes, book ahead, €30-35, rec'd by Time Out, L'Espresso, and Carla Capalbo.
- Lucilio - 11 Via Lucilio, near Castel dell'Ovo, 081-764-6882, 12-3:30, 7:30-1am, closed Sun night. Old-fashioned seafood for reasonable prices, €30-35, rec'd by Time Out, Alice.
- Marino - Via Santa Lucia 118, a couple blocks away from Ovo, 081-764-0280, €20-25 pizzeria/restaurant rec'd by Alice and Fodor's.
- (Da 1920 Antica Trattoria) Da Ettore - Via Santa Lucia 56, 081-764-0498, nice trattoria specializes in fried snacks, €30-35, rec'd by L'Espresso, Veronelli, Mangiarozzo and Frommer's.
- Trattoria Castel dell'Ovo - Via Luculliana 28, 081-764-6352, 12-3:30, 7:30-mid, closed Thurs. Less expensive than most Borgo Marinaro places, rec'd by Time Out.
- Bersagliera - Borgo Marinari 10, 081-764-6016, closed Tues, more expensive than Trattoria Castel dell'Ovo (~€35-40) but rec'd by 2015 Repubblica, Time Out, Fodor's, Panorama, L'Espresso, TCI, and Frommer's.
- Waterside Restaurants (Commodore Trussler jokes that "they probably all share the same kitchen!"), all touristy but nice/good: Anema e Cozze, Antonio e Antonio, and Pizzeria I Re di Napoli
- La Piazzetta - Via Nazario Sauro 21, along water between Plebiscito and Ovo, pizzeria/restaurant, €18-22 fixed price, rec'd by L'Espresso and Michelin.
- Rosolino Il Posto Accanto - Via Nazario Sauro 2, 081-764-9873, piano bar and restaurant, fixed prices between €20 and 49, rec'd by L'Espresso, TCI, and Michelin.
- Trattoria San Ferdinando - Via Nardones 117, across from opera house, 081-421-964, 12:30-3:30 every day but Sun, 8-11:30 PM Wed-Fri, €35-40, rec'd by Time Out, Fodor's, and Alice.
- Pulicinella a Santa Brigida - Via Santa Brigida 49, near San Carlo Opera house and Galleria Umberto, 081-551-7117, good fried pizza and other favorites, €25-35, rec'd by TCI.
- Ciro a Santa Brigida - via Santa Brigida 71, near Via Toledo/Galleria Umberto, 081-552-4072, "traditional" and "formal" atmosphere but authentic Neapolitan specialties, upstairs has best atmosphere, rec'd by Carla Capalbo, Fodor's, and Frommer's.
- Ristorante Giada Chinese / Thai (repeat from Ethnic section) - Via Nardones 115 (near Piazza del Plebiscito), 081-400-980, open 7 days starting around 1930.
- Al Castello Royal Continental Hotel - rec'd 2015 Repubblica, has gluten-free dishes
- Bogo Antico - rec'd 2015 Repubblica, has gluten-free dishes
- Caruso Roof Garden Grand Hotel Vesuvio - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Haché - rec'd 2015 Repubblica, has gluten-free dishes
- Il Pomodorino di Claudo e Manuel - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- La Cantina dei Lazzari - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- La Cantinella - rec'd 2015 Repubblica, has gluten-free dishes
- La Casa di Ninetta - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- il Piccolo Ristoro - Calata Porto di Massa int Porto, 349-192-9074, 12-4, 7:30-11, closed Sun, Time Out calls it "one of Naples' best kept secrets" for its fresh fish...look for green & white canopy, near Varco Pisacane entrance to port
- Da Leonardo - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Il Comandate Romeo Hotel - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- A'Taverna do' Re' - 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, near Castel Nuovo
Along Via Toledo (Quartiere Spagnoli, Pignasecca, etc)
- Antica Pizzeria Port'Alba - Via Port'Alba 18, 081-459-713, 081-442-1061, closed Wed, oldest pizzeria in Naples, rec'd by Alice.
- Hosteria Toledo - Vicolo Giardinetto 78A, Spanish Quarter, 081-421-257, 12-4, 7-mid, closed T/W, cheap but good food, supporter of the "Slow Food" movement, rec'd by 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, Let's Go, Time Out, Osterie d'Italia, and Frommer's.
- La Taverna del Buongustaio - Via Basilio Puoti 8, between Piazza Carità and Dante, 081-551-2626, 12:30-3, 8-mid, closed Sun eve, extremely cheap but excellent trattoria rec'd by Time Out.
- La Vecchia Cantina - Via San Nicola alla Carità 13, near Pignasecca fish market, family-run place, good chickpea pasta and baccala fritto, 081-552-0226, 12-3, 8-11, closed Tue/Sun eve, cheap, good seafood, €15-20, rec'd by Time Out, Fodor's, and Osterie d'Italia.
- Friggitoria Fiorenzano - Via G. Ninni 1, 081-552-8665, closed Sun, 7:30-mid, street food rec'd by Carla Capalbo and Fodor's.
- Il Garum, Piazza Monteoliveto 2A, 081-542-3228, www.ilgarum.it, 12-3, 7-11, closed Sun eve, near Piazza Gesù/Via Toledo, rec'd by Time Out.
- ***Trattoria Nennella - southwest of Piazza Carità, typical neapolitan cusine in a cozy family setting, Vico Lungo Teatro Nuovo 103, 081-414-338, closed Sun, http://digilander.libero.it/trattorianennella/nennella.htm, cheap.
- Da Attilio - via Pignasecca 17 (between Toledo and Montesanto metro), closed Sun, rec'd by Fred Plotkin for pizza and other dishes.
- Ciro a Medina - via Medina 19, near the port/Piazza Muncipio, 081-420-6028, rec'd by Mangiarozzo, ~€20-35.
- Pizzeria Trattoria Medina - via Medina 32, Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016
- Il Porto dei Sapori - molo Immacolatella Vecchia 6, right at the port, 081-790-1284, lunch only unless you reserve for dinner, closed part of August, rec'd by Mangiarozzo, ~€20-30.
- Candied Fruit/Juice: Galameo, via Giovanni Brombeis 15 (near Dante metro), rec'd Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016
- Bakery: Antica Panetteria - via Pignasecca 20, rec'd Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016 for the savory Easter favorite Tortano Napoletano (served year round here, has cured meats and cheese)
- Augustus - via Toledo 147, pastries rec'd by Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016; also a branch in Posilipo on via Petrarca 81
- Le Zendraglie - via Pignasecca 14, closed Sun and part of Aug, continuous hours 9-10, street food including tripe and other traditional Neapolitan dishes, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia
- Taverna dell'Arte - Rampa San Giovanni Maggiore 1A, next to stairs leading to church near University, 081-552-7558, 8 PM to midnight, closed Sun, very popular, short but good menu, www.tavernadellarte.it, €25-30, rec'd by 2015 Repubblica, Time Out, Fodor's, Gambero Rosso, Osterie d'Italia, and the New York Times.
- La Chitarra - Rampa San Giovanni Maggiore 1bis, near Taverna dell'Arte, 081-552-9103, closed Sun, Mon, €20-25, rec'd by Osterie d'Italia and TCI.
- La Stanza del Gusto - near Piazza Bellini (between Dante & Museo metro), rec'd by Lonely Planet, see this blogpost
- L'Europeo di Mattozzi - Via Marchese Campodisola 4, 081-552-1323, www.europeomattozzi.it, closed Sun, Mon, €35-40, very old classic pizzeria/restaurant SW of university, near Corso Umberto, rec'd by Panorama, Fodor's, Osterie d'Italia, Veronelli, Gambero Rosso, L'Espresso, Michelin, Carla Capalbo, 2015 Repubblica, and Frommer's.
- La Locanda del Grifo - Via Francesco del Giudice 14, near Via Tribunali, 081-442-0815, 12:30-4, 7:30-mid, good meat and fish dishes, rec'd by Time Out.
- O' Munaciello - Piazza Gesù Nuovo 26, 081-552-1144, 12-3:30, 7:30-mid, mix of dishes, rec'd by Time Out and Fodor's.
- 'A Canzuncella - Piazza Santa Maria La Nova, on Spaccanapoli, 081-551-9018, dinner only, closed Sun, traditional dinners with entertainment (55 euro huge banquet and show on Saturdays), rec'd by Fodor's.
- Timpani e Tempura - Vico della Quercia 17, a couple blocks W of Gesù Nuovo, 081-551-2280, closed Sun eve, great street food, rec'd by Osterie d'Italia, Fodor's, Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016, and Carla Capalbo.
- Trattoria la Campagnola - Piazzetta Nilo 22, 081-551-4930, 12:30-3:30, 7:30-mid, closed Sun, popular eatery, rec'd by Let's Go, Time Out.
- Pizzeria Gino Sorbillo, Via dei Tribunali 32, www.sorbillo.it, 081-446-643, M-Sat 12-4, 7-1am, rec'd by 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, Time Out, Let's Go, Gambero Rosso, TCI, Fodor's, and Veronelli
- Pizzeria Sorbillo (Luigi "Gigi" & Antonio Sorbillo) - Via dei Tribunali 38, rec'd by Agrodolce for gluten-free pizza
- Capasso, Via Porta San Gennaro 2, 081-456-421, closed Tues, 9-4, 7-1am, pizzeria recommended by Osterie d'Italia.
- Lombardi, Via Foria 12, near Cavour metro stop, 081-456-220, closed Mon, €25-30 pizzeria recommended by L'Espresso.
- Cantina della Sapienza, Via della Sapienza 40, 081-459-078, 12-3:30, closed Sun; cheap, nice lunch-only place near Archeological Musuem, rec'd by Time Out, Fodor's, and Katie Parla.
- Osteria da Carmela - Via Conte di Ruvo 11, near the Archeological Museum, 081-549-9738, closed Sun and Aug, rec'd by Fodor's for seafood pastas and risotto.
- Taverna Ho La La - Via Santa Chiara 49, 328-104-1462, closed Sun, July, and Aug, no dinner Mon or Tues, super-cheap student-friendly place with 7 to 9 happy hour, rec'd by Fodor's.
- Antica Pizzeria Capasso - via Porta San Gennaro 2, rec'd Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016 for pizza margherita
- Antica Trattoria da Carmine - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Baccalaria - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Bistrot Toledo - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- La Cucina / Hotel Palazzo Caracciolo - rec'd 2015 Repubblica, has gluten-free dishes
- La Terrazza dei Barbanti Hotel San Francesco al Monte - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Pizzeria de'Figliole - via Giudecca Vecchia 39, closed Sun, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia
- ***Pizzeria di Matteo - 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia
- La Taverna a Santa Chiara - via Santa Chiara 30, closed Wednesday, Sundays in July, and most of August, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia
Near Piazza Garibaldi (Vicaria, etc.):
- Mimì alla Ferrovia - Via Alfonso D'Aragona 19, 081-289-004, 8 PM to midnight, closed Sun but open for lunch until 4, www.mimiallaferrovia.it, good value, old-fashioned, elegant place near Garibaldi, €30-35, rec'd 2015 Repubblica, Time Out, Panorama, L'Espresso, TCI, Gambero Rosso, Veronelli, Carla Capablo, Fodor's, and Frommer's.
- Hotel Cavour - Piazza Garibaldi 32, 081-283-122, reasonable hotel restaurant (€12 lunch, €25-30 dinner) on NW corner of piazza, rec'd by Panorama.
- La Fila - Via Nazionale 6, NE of Piazza Garibaldi, 081-206-717, closed Mon, pizzeria/restaurant €25-30 rec'd by L'Espresso.
- Pizzeria Pellone - Via Nazionale 93, 081-553-8614, cheap pizzeria rec'd by Gambero Rosso, Osterie d'Italia, Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016, and L'Espresso...and one of Sale Lilly's favorite places.
***Pizzeria Da Michele (Condurro)
- Via Cesare Sersale 3 (Centro Storico), www.damichele.net
, 081-553-9204, 10AM-11PM, closed most Sun and 8/5-8/26, rec'd 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia and a lot of other places
Hostaria Meditterraneo - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
Pizzeria Carmenella - via Cristoforo Marino 22, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, closed Sun
Da Donato - via Silvio Spaventa 37, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, closed Mon
Pizzeria da Gaetano - via Casanova 109, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, closed Sun
- Antica Cantina del Gallo - via Telesino 21, near Sanità and Fontanelle, pizza and other cheap good food, completely off the tourist track, 081-544-1521, 10:30-3:30 and 7-11:30, closed Sun lunch except in May, rec'd by Osterie d'Italia, Mangiarozzo, and TCI, ~€18, www.cantinadelgallo.com
- Starita a Materdei - Via Materdei 27, 081-557-3682, closed Mon, famous pizzeria from L'Oro di Napoli, rec'd by Gambero Rosso and Veronelli.
- Pizzeria Add' ò Riccio - Via Fontanelle 46, 081-544-6292, closed Wed, pizzeria famous for stuffed vegetable pizza with mozarella and tomatoes, rec'd by Carla Capalbo
- Il Grotto - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- (Antica) Cantina del Gallo - 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, near Materdei metro
- Pizzeria da Concettina ai Tre Santi - not far from Cavour metro, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, rec'd by Agrodolce for gluten-free pizza
- Al Faro - rec'd 2015 Repubblica, includes gluten-free dishes
- Al Poeta - rec'd 2015 Repubblica, includes gluten-free dishes
Need more info
- [Ristorante Bellini - Via Santa Maria di Costantinpololi 79, 081-459-774, closed Sun Jun-Sep and 1 week in Aug, rec'd by Let's Go, Fodor's]
- [Castel Nuovo - Let's Go]
- [Pizzeria Trianon da Ciro - Via Colletta 46, 081-553-9426, 10-3, 5-11, closed Sun lunch, rec'd by Carla Capalbo]
- [Al Poeta - posilipo, rec'd by Carla Capalbo]
- [Terrazza Calabritto - rec'd by Carla Capalbo]
Mimo's - Spanish Quarter, homestyle
Costa di Napoli - Botanical Gardens, near Caribinieri HQ
Canina - argentine steak
- Kasba Club - Napoli 347-486-3715
- Friggitoria Vomero - Via Cimarosa 44, SE of Vanvitelli, 081-578-3130, 9:30-2:30, 5-9:30 M-F, 9:30-2:30, 5-11 Sat, great graffe, zeppole, etc., rec'd by Time Out, Carla Capalbo, and Alice.
- La Cantina di Donna'Elena - Via Tito Angelini 16, near Sant'Elmo, 081-578-6033, 12:30-3, 7:30-11, closed Mon, "good home cooking" for not much money says Time Out.
(Antica) La Cantina di Sica - Via Bernini 17, just south of Vanvitelli, 081-556-7520, 12:30-4, 7-mid, closed Mon, nice trattoria, often live jazz/Neapolitan folk music, rec'd by 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, Time Out, Fodor's, TCI, €25-35 meal, Tues-Fri "workday menu" of €9. --> CLOSED in 2016?
- Osteria Donna Teresa - Via Michele Kerbarker 58, 1 block E of Vanvitelli, 081-556-7070, great bargain says Time Out and Fodor's; also rec'd by Katie Parla (full review here).
- Ristorante (Pizzeria) Acunzo - Via Cimarosa 60, south of Vanvietelli, 081-578-5362, closed Sun. Rec'd by L'Espresso and Fodor's, good pizza and basic neapolitan dishes.
- ?Gorizia 1962 - via Albini 18 (near Quattro Giornate metro), open every day 10:30-4, 6:30-1 am, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia
- another at Via Gianlorenzo Bernini 29, 1 block S of Vanvitelli, 081-578-2248, closed Mon, famous pizzeria rec'd by Alice and Frommer's.
- ***La Notizia Pizzeria - Via Michelangelo da Caravaggio 53/55 (Vomero), www.enzococcia.it, 081-714-2155, closed Mon, try creations like primizia di stagione and ciropedia; made famous by the New York Times, rec'd 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia
- Campania Mia - via Belevedere 112, place that sells Campania food specialties, rec'd Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016
- Casa Alfonso - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Il Carnaio - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Meatin' Cuoco e Carbone - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Citta del Gusto - (Bagnoli) via Coroglio 57/104E, 081-198-089-00/02, firstname.lastname@example.org, run by foodie organization Gambero Rosso, this is a culinary school and restaurant which frequently runs wine-tasting and other gastronomic events, www.gamberorosso.it/home_page_napoli
- Osteria/Pizzeria - open W-Sun from 12-2:30, call for reservations at 081-198-080-00/02/08/10
- Wine Terrace/Bar/Pizzeria - open W-Sat from 8 to 11:30 PM, call for reservations at same numbers
- ?Pizzeria Fratelli Cafasso - (Fuorigrotta) Via Giulio Cesare 156, near Campi Flegrei/Mostra d'Oltremare metro stops, 081-239-5281, closed Sun, pizzeria recommended by Gambero Rosso, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, L'Espresso, Veronelli, and Carla Capalbo, €25-30.
- Pizzeria Di Napoli - (Fuorigrotta) Via Marc'Antonio 31, 081-239-6942, highly rated pizzeria, 1-3 and 7-mid, closed Wed and Sun dinner.
- Il Marchese Golosone - (Bagnoli) Via Girolamo Giusso 17, 081-570-7333, closed Mon/Tues, €35-40 meals, rec'd by TCI.
- Pizzeria Michele - (Bagnoli) Via Girolamo Giusso 37, near Bagnoli Metro Stop, 081-570-6883
- Cioccolateria Piluc - via Consalvo 87
- (Arenella: Le Nonnerie - - rec'd 2015 Repubblica)
- La Lucerna - Viale Comandante Umberto Madalenna.
- Pizzeria Carminiello dal 1910 - Corso Secondigliano 350, 081-754-0442/0037, open 11-3:30 and 6-mid, rec'd by Sale Lilly.
- Io e Lei - Via Generale Francesco Pinto 27 (near via Giovanni Bosco on the way between Capo and downtown), rec'd by Agrodolce for gluten-free pizza
- Maestri Pizzaioli - Via Cassano 75 (near Secondigliano), rec'd by Agrodolce for gluten-free pizza
- ??? other places ???
- Il Casolare di Tobia, Via Selvatico 12, Baia, www.datobia.it, 081-523-5193 or 339-670-1064, 1-3:30, 7-11:30 closed Mon, Sun eve, agriturismo inside an extinct volcano, rec'd by Gambero Rosso and Osterie d'Italia (not anymore in 2016).
- Trattoria Brontolone (via campana 121) 081-526-6510, closed Mon, Sun night, ~€25 [good seafood appetizers] traditional puteolano, yellow sign, near "circle of death," good reviews online
- Ristorante il Gallo d'Oro - via campana 250 (near Carney Park) - only open for lunch, closed Sun, 081-526-0400, €15 complete meal, good recommendations online
- La Cucina Flegrea - Via Monterusciello 20, 081-524-8088, closed Mon, rec'd by Alice.
- La Casupola di Broscritto - near Carney Park, good steaks, Via Cigliano 91, 081-526-9094.
- Il Delfini in Pinetamare - good cozze and other seafood, on the coast, fun crowd/karaoke, 41°00.161'N014°00.584E, rec'd by someone on facebook.
- Downtown - Via Molo di Baia 30, near port of Baia, 081-854-5393, closed Wed, lunchtime Oct-Apr, whiteboard specials are good in this simple restaurant rec'd by Fodor's.
- ???Sud Ristorante - via Santi Pietri e Paolo 8, in Quarto, 081-020-2708, 327-010-4725, closed Mon, no lunch except on weekends, www.sudristorante.it, rec'd by Mangiarozzo, 2015 Repubblica, Scatti di Gusto, Michelin star, ~€40-45.
- Fattorie Albatros - agriturismo rec'd 2015 Repubblica
Giugliano in Campania
- ???Fenesta Verde - Vico Sorbo 1 / via Licante, Giugliano in Campania, www.fenestaverde.it, 40.928092N 14.196678E, 081-894-1239, closed Sun eve, Mon, rec'd by Mangiarozzo, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, 2015 Repubblica [and other guidebooks], blogpost with photos
- ?La Marchesella - Via Marchesella 186, Giugliano in Campania, 40.923235N 14.177113E, , 081-894-5219, closed Wed, some months (March-May, Oct) only open on weekends, also closed in winter, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, Via dei Gourmet, Luciano Pignataro
- ?Abraxas Osteria - 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, 2015 Repubblica, Scatti di Gusto (more details/photos here), beautiful view of Lago d'Averno, closed Sun dinner, Tues.
- ?La Fattoria del Campiglione - 2015 Repubblica, just outside Carney Park, known as one of the Naples region's best steakhouses / grilled meat restaurants, excellent wine selection
- Taverna Viola - Via Solfatar 76, Pozzuoli, near Solfatara, 081-526-9953, restaurant-pizzeria rec'd by Fodor's.
- La Dea Bendata - Corso Umberto I 93 (along "Via Napoli" lungomare, near Cappucini Cumana stop), closed Mon, dinner only, 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia for traditional and creative pizzas made by the Coccia family
- Bobò - Via C. Colombo 20, Pozzuoli, near ferry terminal, 081-526-2034, closed Tues, 2 weeks mid-Aug, nice restaurant with good antipasti, pasta, and seafood, pretty expensive, rec'd by Fodor's, 2015 Repubblica, Scatti di Gusto
- 'A Ninfea - pretty expensive, rec'd Scatti di Gusto
- Il Capitano - 2015 Repubblica
- La Chianina - 2015 Repubblica
- Moby Dick - 2015 Repubblica
- Sushi: Mòsushi - 2015 Repubblica
- Pizzeria Bob & Clare - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Irish: Dubh Lihn - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- ?Friggitoria del Porto Kemar - via San Paolo 21, very fresh food at low cost near the port by Rosario Stinca, rec'd 2015 Repubblica for street food with inspiration from all over the world
- Bread: Il Forno di Rosa Rosa - via Vincenzo Cosenza 21, near port, rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Pastries: Pasticceria Buono - Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016
- ?Da Féfé - Via della Shoah 15, Bacoli (near Miseno harbor), closed Mon, Sun night in off-season, slightly more expensive, 081-523-3011, rec'd by Time Out, Gambero Rosso, L'Espresso, Scatti di Gusto, and 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia; See food and wine review...this review from 2010 says it's medicore and overpriced compared to its neighbors
- Da Caliendo - via Mozart 67a, closed Mon, rec'd 2015 Repubblica for very fresh fish, good views
- Lido Turistico - via Muscola 21, open every day, rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Living Chalet - via Spiaggia 1, closed Tues, rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Mistral - via Lido di Miliscola 16, closed Mon, rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- La Catagna - 2016 Slow Food Osterie d'Italia, 2015 Repubblica, Scatti di Gusto
- Macelleria da Rosario - rec'd Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016
- Quadrano Giovanni - rec'd Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016
- Salumeria Sciardac - rec'd Golosario di Paolo Massobrio 2016, 2015 Repubblica
- Da Giona - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- Tuna - rec'd 2015 Repubblica
- La Bifora - rec'd Scatti di Gusto