Non-Italian food in Naples? Yes, there are indeed a few places:
- Jap One Sushi Bar - Vico Santa Maria a Cappella Vecchia 30, 081-764-6667, near Piazza dei Martiri, closed Sun/Mon, probably the best sushi in town but also the most expensive; rec'd by Gambero Rosso, L'Espresso, and Carla Capalbo.
- Tokyo - Via S. Maria Della Neve 26, near Piedigrotta/Mergellina, 40°49.96'N 14°13.46'E, 081-761-2936, popular sushi place with Americans, one of the best values (especially their huge sushi boats); it used to be a Chinese place called L'Acquario, see blog review. www.ristorantegiapponesetokyo.com
- Zen2 - Vico della Quercia 5A (just south of Piazza Dante), another good sushi place, similar to Tokyo but a bit smaller, 081-552-3329, www.sitoflash.it/zen2/
- Kukai - Via Carlo de Cesare 55/56 (near Plebiscito), a bit fancier than Tokyo/Zen2 but not as expensive as Jap One, they also deliver to the Posillipo/Vomero area; 081-411-905, www.kukai.it
- La Garconne - "Harem-style sushi bar/discoteque", Vico S. Mari a Cappella Vecchia, 348-335-3243 or 081-764-3826, www.lagarconne.it
- Il Sushivendolo - via Tommaso Campanella 5, near Piedigrotta/Mergellina, take-away sushi, 081-032-0956, closed Sun lunch and Mon, 12:30-3, 7-10:30, www.sushivendolo.it
- Nereis - Via Montegrillo 8 (along the water, just north of downtown Baia), 081-868-7588, 338-424-4930, "sushi bar" every Thursday starting at 9, www.nereis.it
- Nero Sushi - Via Partenope 12H (along the water in "Santa Lucia" neighborhood near Castel dell'Ovo), 081-764-7426, www.nerosushi.it, a newcomer on the waterfront, also features a takeout/delivery menu.
- Sushi @ Pozzuoli - Japanese woman who lives in Pozzuoli will make sushi to order, given at least 2 days' notice; sushi-at-pozzuoli.blogspot.com
Spanish, Mexican, and South American
Spanish, Mexican, and South American
- Mexican: Mamacitas - via Petrarelle 3, Largo Quintavalle, Caserta, GPS 41.08243N 14.34974E, behind Birreria del Re Restaurant. 338-595-0040, 12:30-4 and 8:30-late, closed Sat/Sun lunch, Mon dinner, www.mamacitas.it, also see locali caserta.
- Mexican: El Moccolo - Via Bausan 80124, Naples (S of the Amadeo metro near Villa Comunale), 081-406-134, 338-520-1581, www.ilmoccolo.it, email@example.com
- Spanish/Mexican: El Sangrero - Via San Nullo 66, Giugliano In Campania/Licola, near disco "Impero 2" and pizzeria "La Chamade", 349-154-2890, see blog review (in Italian)
- Spanish/Venezuelan: El Bocadillo - via Martucci Giuseppe 50, near Piazza Amadeo, 081-669-030, www.elbocadillo.it, closed Sat/Sun (Spanish?)
- Spanish (?): El Muerzo - via Giovanni Bausan (downhill from Amadeo near Riviera Chiaia), 081-764-7572
- Argentinian/South American: La Cueva - via Martucci Giuseppe 16, near Piazza Amadeo, 081-445-782/081-248-2091, www.lacuevanapoli.it
- Brazilian: Porta Ventosa - Largo San Giovanni Maggiore 15, near University, 081-552-6127, closed Sun.
- Brazilian Barbeque: Churrà, Via Ripuaria in Varcaturo (from the Tang, turn left off Varcaturo exit), 081-839-2539, www.churra.it, they keep bringing skewers of barbecued meat until you can't eat anymore, all for ~€35. They open at 20:00.
- South American: Il Picaro - via Martucci Giuseppe 81, near Piazza Amadeo, 081-761-6244, "trendy"
- Spanish: La Casa Basca - via Galdieri Rocco 6, Posilipo, 081-575-2053, only dinner, closed Sun
- El Payaro - via Michele Kerbaker 138, Vomero, 081-556-1108
- Yes Brazil - via Posillipo 405, 081-575-1118
- Cuban: Puerta Libre - via Martiri di Nassiria 110, Capua, 082-318-75215, 392-502-3159, www.puerto-libre.net
- NOT Mexican (fixed price ~€40/person seafood restaurant, not sure why it's called "the Mexican"): "Il Messicano" via Torre di Cappella 25, Bacoli, 081-868-7047
- Xin Da (Sas di Chen Guojie), Via Miliscola 422, Arco Felice, 081-866-3472 - not bad but nothing to write home about.
- Il Drago d'Oro - via del Chiostro 21 (near via Toledo), 081-790-1016, mostly Shanghai dishes, see old review.
- Asia Di Qin Hong - via Montecalvario 3 (near via Toledo), 081-407-787, mostly Cantonese, see old review.
- Peking - Riviera di Chiaia 268, 081-764-2772
- Shangai Li/Di Boccia Antonio - Piazza Bagnoli/Piazzale Vicenzo Tecchio 99 (Bagnoli/Fuorigrotta), 081-239-6093/081-570-3978 - supposedly not very good
- Shanghai Restaurant Aversa - Via Giovanni Boccacio 2, Aversa, 081-890-1084, 40°58.782'N 14°12.711'E, 11-3 and 6-mid, closed Mon lunch, menu and brochure
- Ristorante Cinese Shang Hai Lago Patria - via Domitiana 1065, Castel Volturno, 335-682-8688, 338-642-7288 or 331-863-8895, open Mon 17:30-23:30, Tue-Sat 11:30-15:00 / 17:30-23:30, Sun 11:30-23:30
- [another one in Teverola?]
- Thai/Vietnamese/Sri Lankan/Indian - New Asian Restaurant, Piazza Enrico de Nicola 34 (near Castel Capuano), 081-5571320, 328-354-9802
- Thai/Chinese - La Muraglia, near University/Port near Piazza Borsa, via Giulio Cesare Cortese 8, 081-551-4693
- Thai/Chinese: Ristorante Giada - Via Nardones 115 (right by Piazza Plebiscito), 081-400-980, decent Thai food in a convenient location
Indian - Nano, next door to Kukai (see Japanese, above) at Via Carlo de Cesare 55, 081-411-905, 7:30 PM - 1 AM, closed Sun/Mon.Closed!
- Zorbas - Gradini Amedeo 5, near Piazza Amadeo, 081-667-572, closed Mon
- [another one near Amadeo? one in Vomero on via Caravaggio??]
- Arab: Amir - via Santa Chiara 25, 340-461-8909
- Eritrean: Mar Rosso - vico Sergente Maggiore 14 (N of Piazza del Plebiscito), 081-404-115, see Stars & Stripes article